Teams Connecting Teams
Microsoft supported the Tokyo Olympics very creatively this year — unveiling an ad during opening ceremonies using Teams to feature the Tokyo culture and later, using Teams integrations, to connect Olympic athletes with family and friends during the Games.
Although Microsoft wasn’t an official sponsor of the Olympics, they have a history of advertising around the Games. This year provided a unique opportunity to use Teams to show people who had to cancel plans to travel to Tokyo the culture and beauty of Tokyo through the Teams application, providing a virtual “Ticket to Tokyo.”
Beyond the ad, allowing the athletes to witness their friends and family watching the Olympians compete, hear the cheers of watch parties in their honor, and then talk to each other through Teams, filled the sounds of silence left by the thousands of vacant seats in the stadium due to the Covid pandemic travel ban. It provided the next best thing when it comes to family support and inspiration.
According to Kathleen Hall, Microsoft’s corporate VP of brand, advertising and research, Teams has been a staple for many workplaces during the pandemic, and it will still remain popular as people return to the office.
“I think normalcy doesn’t … look like the way it was. I think normalcy is probably in the hybrid zone where you’re going to have employees in virtually every meeting that some are there and some aren’t,” she said. “So, I think the need and the use of Teams … will continue.”
Recent innovations to Teams will make this virtual or hybrid work experience more efficient, productive and interactive. Highlights of the latest enhancements include new meetings, webinars and PowerPoint Live features for rich customer and employee engagement. You can now host interactive meetings and webinars for up to 1,000 attendees with Teams. Complete end-to-end support makes these remote events easy to set up and manage and allows participants to have an engaging experience.
Additional features released to make Teams even more powerful include:
- New Reporter and Side-by-Side options in meetings and webinars presenter modes,
- Post webinar or meeting attendance dashboards,
- Ability for enterprises to tailor their organization’s Teams panel experience by adding Teams, Extensibility and Line of Business apps,
- Remote provisioning and sign on,
- Exporting data directly into your Dynamics 365 Marketing to create customer journeys and send personalized follow-up emails to attendees,
- Spotlighting multiple users in a meeting, an updated large gallery view on Teams mobile,
- Chat bubbles visible on the screens of all participants instead of requiring manually opening the chat conversation,
- Inking and laser pointer in PowerPoint Live to better engage the audience,
- Teams for education supporting your LMS — create, edit and join Microsoft Teams meetings in Canvas courses and communicate with class teams from Blackboard,
- Features available to Microsoft’s commercial customers in multi-tenant cloud environments now rolling out to US Government Community Cloud (GCC) customers including reporter and side-by-side presenter mode, breakout room timer, captions, transcripts and recording features and more.
Microsoft Teams continues to be the innovative and evolving platform to connect your employees and customers no matter where they are. It’s the next best thing to an in-person meeting. Balancing remote gatherings with face-to-face collaboration is our new normal. Make it interactive, seamless, secure, productive, efficient and effective with Microsoft Teams.
VerisVisalign is your partner to support all of your Microsoft platforms and help you increase overall employee productivity, security and efficiency. Reach out to our Microsoft Practice Director, Todd Stuchlik, at email@example.com to learn more.