ITIL® Service Design
The ITIL® Service Design certification is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL® Service Design publication.
This qualification provides a complete management-level overview of service design, including all its related activities. Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to service design
- Service design principles
- Service design processes
- Service design technology-related activities
- Organizing for service design
- Technology considerations
- Implementation and improvement of service design
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
In addition, the training for this certification includes examination preparation, including sample examination content.
This class requires that all participants:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate OR ITIL Foundation and Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum mandatory experience requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management recommended
It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
Have some familiarity with the terminology of the service management processes listed in the above paragraphs, and related experience of working in a service management –based organization with responsibility relating to operational processes. It is strongly recommended that candidates have read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications.
To register for this course, please register online or call 1-888-45-VERIS (888-458-3747).
ITIL® SERVICE DESIGN DAY 1
August 21 2018, 08:30 AM to 05:00 PM
- Course Introduction
- Service Design Principles
- Service Design Processes
ITIL® SERVICE DESIGN DAY 2
August 22 2018, 08:30 AM to 05:00 PM
- Review of Day 1
- Service Design Processes, continued
- Service Design Technology Related Activities
- Exam Practice
ITIL® SERVICE DESIGN DAY 3
August 23 2018, 08:30 AM to 05:00 PM
- Review of Day 2
- Technology for Service Design
- Organizing for Service Design
- Service Design Implementation
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks
- Certification Exam